Your child's first visit to our dental office should be around his/her first birthday, but could be as earlier if you have an immediate concern or question. Here are some Do’s and Don'ts leading up to and during the visit to help us achieve the happiest appointment for your child.
- Have a tour of our dental office by coming in for a casual, friendly, get acquainted visit and checkup.
- Make an appointment for a visual check of your child's teeth.
- Have a discussion with us about oral health care for your child.
- Familiarize your child with our dental office. Consider taking them along when you or a sibling has a dental appointment.
- Wait for an emergency for the first visit.
- Over prepare your children for dental visits.
- Use phrases like "It won't hurt much" or "It won't be too bad." Such phrases do not soothe; they only create anxiety.